Today it's pretty windy and we fear everything will fly away. But still spring is there! Flowers bloomed on the cherry tree and you better enjoy it before the wind takes it all! Leaves are burgeoning and green is coming into our plates!Last Friday, during one of my cooking classes, we made:
spinach salad with chorizo and oranges
risotto with spring onions, curried chicken and al dente vegetables with fresh herbs: carotts, green asparagus and snowpeas wth flat leaf parsley, chervil and tarragonand soft still warm madeleines !
I'm sharing with you
THE SPINACH SALAD WITH ORANGES & CHORIZO
2 bags of spinach, stems removed
2 peeled and minced shallots
1 table spoon of mustard
some chorizo in slices
salt and pepper to taste
some olive oil
• Wash the spinach.
• Heat a pan and grill the chorizo with the shallots until soft and lightly golden.
• Wash 2 of the 3 oranges and zest them. Peel it to get to the "meat". Take the orange's supremes with a very good knife then press what's left to get as much juice as possible.
• Press the last orange and add to the previous juice.
• Mix the mustard with salt and pepper. Add the zest and the orange juice. Mix welle and whilemixing, add the olive oil little by little so you get a beautiful emulsion. Pour the vinaigrette on the spinach, to taste. Add the oranges' supremes and the chorizo.
• Mix well, serve and eat right away.
For vegetarian and vegan, you can replace the chorizo by grilling peeled almond with salt and paprika (if it's smoked it's even better)!
This delicious menu is to be shared among good friends hopefully with a ray of sun like in this pcture over our service table!